Telephone numbers：02-2771-2171 ext 8911
Title ：Assistant Professor
Research category：Virtual Reality / augmented reality / human-computer interaction interface / digital media design / mobile APP development and design
Ju Chun Ko is the first Taiwanese join into Singularity University GSP 2014 program. He is a Computer Science Ph. D with artistic mind, an Entrepreneur with Design eye, and also a smart and funny guy. As an Entrepreneur, he founded Linkwish, Inc, an innovative App-oriented company in Taiwan, setting its goal to connect people more often in the real world, by Mobile/ Social Apps, the company has a long-term contract with 2nd largest fast food brand in Taiwan on Mobile, it has growing bigger and profitable now.Prior to Linkwish, he worked at Shih-Chien University for School of Design, where he was Adjunct Associate Professor leading student by his Artistic-Engineering-Designer’s soul. Ju Chun is an expert and experimentalist in creative tech-art and performance.
Ju Chun was awarded by many Tech-Art Festival and Individual Game Festiva from local to global, also he won a bunch of Startup and Mobile APP prizes with the team Linkwish, including the latest project- “Tripmkr- Before Sunrise, Before Sunset,” the *Winner* of Best Mobile APP in Facebook World Hack Day 2012 @ Taipei. (As seen in TechCrunch)
He holds a degree in Bachelor of Art, Master of Information Communication in Digital Media Design and Ph. D in Computer Science – a cross-disciplinary person inspired by Nintendo (Mario and Miyamoto) and Apple (Steve Jobs).
Ju Chun is passionate about solving the problem of making people/things/wishes connected to each other in the real world more often and make the world better together. He is 2013 Fellow in the Startup Leadership Program in Taipei, Taiwan
National Taiwan University, Graduate Institute of Networking and Multimedia. Taipei, Taiwan — Ph. D of Computer Science and Information Engineering, 2011
Yun Ze University, Graduate Institute of Information and Communication. Tauyeun, Taiwan — Master of Informatics, 2005
Tam Kang University, Department of Information and Communication. Taipei, Taiwan — Bachelor of Art, 2003
National Taipei University of Technology , IXD,Assistant Professor
- KMD Postdoctoral Research (2014/02/08)
- Taipei City Government Alternative Service (2012-2013.11.25)
- Acting as an Assistant Professor at the University of Mass Communication (2011 / 09-2012 / 06)
- Founder of Memora Inc. launched Luna 360 VR Camera campaign on Indiegogo with $317,286 USD total funds raised
- Author of 《Moonshot Thinking》
- Co-founder and director of TAVAR: Taiwan Association for Virtual and Augmented Reality
- The first Taiwanese participant join Singularity University GSP 2014 program
- Winner of Yahoo Open Hack Day Taiwan 2013 - Taipei City Gov Award (BLE/iBeacon)
- Winner of Facebook World Hack Day 2012 Taipei (Worldwide) - Mobile Category Award.
- Co-founded Linkwish, Inc. in 2011, and achieved over 2 million downloads in Taiwan App Store.
- Winner of Digital Art Festival Taipei/ KT Award for 4 continuos years. (2007 - 2011)
- Winner of IndieCade: International Independent Arcade Festival (U.S.A) Finalists. (2008)
- Scroll down to see complete Honors and Awards + Projects
JC from Luna - http://Luna.camera
- Zhu Feibi, Lin Chunyi, Wang Xiangan, Ju Chun Ko. Interactive Multimedia Web Page Editing, TANET 2008, Tainan, Yoshimori University, May 2008.
- Ju Chun Ko, Yu Mengjie, Hong Yiping. Combining Physiologic Feedback and Interactive Multimedia in Relaxation Training, 2007 Digital Living Technology Symposium, Tainan, Cheng Kung University, May 2007.
- Su-Chu Hsu, Ju-Chun Ko, “Authorship and Liquidity in Wikiart.” WikiPedia 2007: The International Conference of Wikimedia, Taipei, Taiwan, July 2007.
- Ju-Chun Ko, Yi-Ping Hung, Hao-Hua Chu, “Mug-Tree: A Playful Mug to Encourage Healthy Habit of Drinking Fluid Regularly.” ACM UbiComp 2007, Innsbruck, Austria, September 2007.
- Meng-Chieh Yu, Yi-Ping Hung, King-Jen Chang, Jin-Shing Chen, Su-Chu Hsu, Ju-Chun Ko, Ching-Yao, “Multimedia Feedback for Improving Breathing Habit.” IEEEU-Media 2008, Lanzhou University, China, July 2008.
- Yu-Hsin Chang, Li-Wei Chan, Ju-Chun Ko, Ming-Sui Lee, Jane Hsu, Yi-Ping Hung,“QPalm: A gesture recognition system for remote control with list menu.” IEEE UMedia2008, Lanzhou University, China, July 2008.
- Christine Lin, Fei-pi Chu, Hsiang-An Wang, Ju-Chun Ko, “Interactive MultimediaOn-line Editor Applied to E-learning.” eLearn 2008, USA, September 2008.
- Christine Lin, Fei-pi Chu, Hsiang-An Wang, Ju-Chun Ko, “An InteractiveMultimedia Web Editor.” IEEE e-Science 2008, USA, December 2008.
- Jin-Yao Lin, Yen-Yu Chen, Ju-Chun Ko, HuiShan Kao, Wei-Han Chen, Tsun-HungHsu, Yi-Ping Hung, “i-m-Tube: an Interactive Multi-Resolution Tubular Display.”ACM Multimedia 2009, Beijing, China, 19-24th October 2009.
- Meng-Chieh Chiu, Shih-Ping Chang, Yu-Chen Chang, Hao-Hua Chu, Cheryl Chia-Hui Chen, Fei-Hsiu Hsiao, Ju-Chun Ko, “Playful bottle: a mobile social persuasionsystem to motivate healthy water intake.” ACM UbiComp 2007, Innsbruck, Austria,September 2007.
- Ju-Chun Ko, Li-Wei Chan, Yi-Ping Hung, “Public issues on projected userinterface,” ACM SIGCHI 2010 Extended Abstract. Atlanta, USA, 10-15th April 2010.
- Li-Wei Chan, Hsiang-Tao Wu, Hui-Shan Kao, Home-Ru Lin, Ju-Chun Ko, Mike Y.Chen, Jane Hsu, Yi-Ping Hung, “Beyond the surface: 3D interactions for tabletopsystems.” ACM SIGGRAPH 2010 Emerging Technologies, Los Angeles, USA,26-30th July 2010.
- Li-Wei Chan, Hsiang-Tao Wu, Hui-Shan Kao, Ju-Chun Ko, Home-Ru Lin, Mike Y.Chen, Jane Hsu, Yi-Ping Hung, “Enabling Beyond Surface Interactions for InteractiveSurface with An Invisible Projection.” ACM UIST 2010, New York, USA, 3-6thOctober 2010.
- Ju-Chun Ko, Wei-Han Chen, Meng-Chieh Yu, Han-Hung Lin, Jin-Yao Lin, Szu-WeiWu, Yi-Yu Chung, I-Ling Hu, Wei-Ting Peng, Shih-Yao Lin, Chia Han Chang, Pei-Hsuan Chou, King-Jen Chang, Mei-Lan Chang, Sue-huei Chen, Jin-Shing Chen,Ming-Sui Lee, Mike Y. Chen, Yi-Ping Hung, “i-m-Space: Interactive Multimedia-Enhanced Space for Rehabilitation of Breast Cancer Patients.” ACM Multimedia2010, Florence, Italy, 25-29th October 2010.
- Ju-Chun Ko, Wei-Han Chen, Meng-Chieh Yu, Han-Hung Lin, Jin-Yao Lin, Szu-WeiWu, Yi-Yu Chung, I-Ling Hu, Wei-Ting Peng, Shih-Yao Lin, Chia Han Chang, Pei-Hsuan Chou, King-Jen Chang, Mei-Lan Chang, Sue-huei Chen, Jin-Shing Chen,Ming-Sui Lee, Mike Y. Chen, Yi-Ping Hung, “i-m-Space: Interactive Multimedia-Enhanced Space for Rehabilitation of Breast Cancer Patients.” Journal ofNeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. (Submitted. Pending Review)
- Chun-Ko Hsieh, Xin Tong, Yi-Ping Hung, Chia-Ping Chen, Ju-Chun Ko, Meng-Chieh Yu, Han-Hung Lin, Szu-Wei Wu, Yi-Yu Chung, Liang-Chun Lin, Ming-SuiLee, Chu-Song Chen, Jiaping Wang, Quo-Ping Lin, I-Ling Liu, “TransformationalBreathing between Present and Past: Virtual Exhibition System of the Mao-KungTing.” ACM MMM’10: the 16th international conference on Advances in Multimedia Modeling