E-mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone numbers ：886-2-2771-2171 ext 4574
Research category ：Digital learning with interactive technology / information technology and management / architectural design and planning
National Taiwan University, Department of Civil Engineering, Ph.D
Villanova University, Master of Computer Science
Pennsylvania University, Master of Architecture
National Cheng Kung University, Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Associate Professor, Architecture Engineering Department, China Institute of Technology
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, National Taiwan University,
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, National Taipei University of Technology
Registered Architect, Pennsylvania, USA
- 1. Ko-Chiu Wu, Hung-Chun Chen (2016, Sep). How Curiosity and Uncertainty Shape Children’s Information Seeking Behaviors. Library Hi Tech (SSCI), 34(3):549-564. (SSCI, 45/85). NSC 101-2410-H-027-014..
- 2. Ko-Chiu Wu, Lih-Yau Song (2016, Aug). A Case for Inclusive Design: Analyzing the Needs of Those Who Frequent Taiwan’s Urban Parks. Applied Ergonomics, Human Factors in Technology and Society (SSCI), 58, 254-264.
- 3. Ko-Chiu Wu, Tsai-Ying Hsieh (2016, Jun). Affective Choosing of Clustering and Categorization Representations in E-book Interfaces. Aslib Journal of Information Management (SSCI), 68(3):265-285. MOST 104-2410-H-027-018.
- 4. Ko-Chiu Wu, Hung-Chun Chen (2016, Mar). Children use second- and third- dimensional digital library interfaces. Library Hi Tech (SSCI), 34(1):21-35. NSC 101-2410-H-027-014.
- 5. Ko-Chiu Wu (2015, Jul). Affective Surfing in the Visualized Interface of a Digital Library for Children. Information Processing & Management (SSCI), 51(4):373-390. NSC 99-2515-S-027-004.
- 6. Ko-Chiu Wu*, Po-Yuan Huang (2015, Jun). Treatment of an Anonymous Recipient: Solid-Waste Management Simulation Game . Journal of Educational Computing Research (SSCI), 52(4)568-600.
- 7. Tsia-ying Hsieh, Ko-chiu Wu* (2015, Mar). The Influence of Gender Difference on the Information-seeking Behaviors for the Graphical Interface of Children’s Digital Library. Universal Journal of Educational Research (EBSCO A-to-Z), 3(3), 200-206. NSC101-2410-H-027-014.
- 8. Ko-chiu Wu*, Yun-meng Tang and Cheng-yu Tsai (2014, May). Graphical interface design for children seeking information in a digital library. Visualization in Engineering, 2:5. (SpringerOpen). MOST 99-2515-S-027-004.
- 9. Cheng-Yu Tsai, Ko-Chiu Wu*, Chuan-Ming Liu, Hsin-Piao Lin (2011, Nov). Enhancing the ability of elementary school students to explore the wireless network technology by interactive learning and participation in real situations. Proceedings of 2011 world congress on engineering and technology. (EI, IEEE), 809-812. NSC 99-2515-S-027-004.
- 10. Tsau SY, Chuang WA, Yang YC, Wu KC (2011, Nov). The Application of Wireless communication on interactive technology that raises the participation of the female in science education: A case study with Taipei Municipal Zhongshan Girls High School.. Proceedings of 2011 world congress on engineering and technology.(EI,IEEE), 830-833.
- Periodicals (in Chinese)
- 1. Wu KC, Su YL, Tsau SY (2013). Explore the teaching models for design studio by the thinking stimulation of imagination. Journal of Architecture, 83, 19-35. (TSSCI).
- 2. Wu KC* (2013). Evaluation of the WHO Age-friendly city principles on Taiwan urban space, Journal of Health and Architecture,1(1): 81-87.
- 3. Wu KC (2014). Evolution of the planning and design Paradigms of Taiwan public libraries in the past 100 years. University Library Journal,18(2), 50-59。(THCI)
- 4. Wu KC, Chiu TH, Lin CJ (2014). The exploration of knowledge classification structure for a visualized children information retrieval interface. National Central Library Bulletin,103(1), 79-100.（THCI）
- 5. Wu KC, Lin CJ, Chan HC, Ke HR (2014). The information seeking interface with spatial icons for the children digital-learning database. Journal of Library and Information Science, 40(1), 51-65.（DOAJ）
- 6. Wu KC (2014). Digital-age Trends transformed the Public Library building. Bulletin of the Taipei Public Library,31(3), 9-21。(THCI)
- 7. Ho MJ, Wu KC*, Chen JC, Lo L, Liao HY (2011). The guideline of urban park design under a Universal Design concept. Journal of Architecture,76 Supplement:105-128. (TSSCI)。
- 8. Wu KC* (2011). Analysis of the Universal Design principles applied on spatial planning for public library, Bulletin of the Taipei Public Library, 28(3): 11-22. (THCI)
- 9. Wu KC* , Hsieh PN (2010).University librarians’ cognition of the typical messages for library building programming, University Library Journal, 14(2): 113-133. (THCI)
- 10. Song LY, Wu KC* (2010).Subject Categorization for the National Archives in urban development (1949-2000)- A macro-appraisal view, Journal of Educational Media and Library Sciences, 47(4): 459-498. (TSSCI)
- 11. Wu KC*, Wang WA, Song LY (2010).The evacuation behaviors of University Library users, Journal of Library and Information Science Research, 4(2): 95-121. (TSSCI)
- Conference papers
- 1. Ko-Chiu Wu，Chin-Lung Lo*，Yi-Chun Chen. E-Book Information System and Browsing Interface for Children: A User Participation Perspective, Taiwan International Conference on Electronic Commerce and Big Data, 2016/1, Taipei.
- 2. Felipe Lozano*，Ko-Chiu Wu. Introduction to the study of the Non-Image, The Asian Conference on Arts & Humanities 2015, 2015/ 4,Osaka,Japan.
- 3. Ko-Chiu Wu，Hsuan Wang*. Need Assessments for Urban Park Facilities in Taiwan, The 5th International Conference for Universal Design, 2014/11, Fukushima & Tokyo.
- 4. Wu, K.C.*, Huang, P.Y., & Tsau, S.Y.. The Creative Digital Game: Problem-Solving Simulation of City Trash. 2014 International Conference on Education, Psychology, and social Science, 2014/08, Taipei.
- 5. Saiau-Yue Tsau, Ko-Chiu Wu & Yu-Chun Huang. Changer—a project of contemporary image and body based on theory mirror stage, 3rd International Conference on Innovation, Communication and Engineering (ICICE 2014)- Innovation in Design, Communication and Engineering, 2015/10, Guiyang, Guizhou, China.
- 6. Ko-Chiu Wu, Yu-Lun Su, Ting-Yu Lin. Information processing and media recognition of ‘Architectural design’ E-learning material. DesignED Asia Conference 2013, 2013/12, Hong Kong.
- 7. Ko-Chiu Wu，Yun-Meng Tang, Hung-Chun Chen, Chia-Jung Lin, Yi-Hsian Lee. The information seeking navigation interface with spatial icons for children, The 13th International Conference for Construction Applications of Virtual Reality, 2013/10, London, UK.
- 8. Ko-Chiu Wu*. Surfing in the virtual digital library- a linked database structure for intuitive information-seeking behavior of children, The 12th International Conference for Construction Applications of Virtual Reality, 2012/ 11, Taipei.
- 9. Ko-Chiu Wu*. Keynote Speech- Mobility for All in Asia 2 – Traffic in Taiwan, The 3rd International Conference for Universal Design, 2010/10, Hamamatsu, Japan.
- Books and Chapters
- 1. Wu KC, Library Architecture Edit Panel (2013.12).Chapter III Characteristics and prospects of Public Library buildings,& Chapter IV Characteristics and prospects of University Library buildings. On Lin KM (Ed.), library cause Retrospect and prospects of library buildings in the Republic of China on past 100 years. (Page55-238)。 Taipei: Library Association of the Republic of China （Taiwan）, Wu-Nan Book. (ISBN：978-957-11-7429-7)
- 2. Wu KC, Huang WC, Library Architecture Edit Panel (2013.12).Chapter V Characteristics and prospects of Primary& High School Library buildings. On Lin KM (Ed.), library cause Retrospect and prospects of library buildings in the Republic of China on past 100 years. (Page239-274)。 Taipei: Library Association of the Republic of China （Taiwan）, Wu-Nan Book. (ISBN：978-957-11-7429-7)
- 3. Cheng KL, Wu KC, Library Architecture Edit Panel, Lin KM (2013.12).Chapter VII Summary and prospects. On Lin KM (Ed.), library cause Retrospect and prospects of library buildings in the Republic of China on past 100 years. (Page369-388).Taipei: Library Association of the Republic of China （Taiwan）, Wu-Nan Book. (ISBN：978-957-11-7429-7)
- 4. Wu KC (2011.3). The Development and Trend of Universal Design in Taiwan. In Dong, H. (Ed.), All Design (pp.88-95). Shanghai: Shanghai Industrial Design Association(SIDA).(ISBN: 9-771007-450006, ISSN-1672-1837)
- 5. Wu KC*（2011）.Improving the reading environment and space planning, design and evaluation of public libraries. Create Reading Paradise- Public Library training materials- Series 9, Taichung: National Taichung library. (ISBN:978-986-03-0656-9)
- Technical report
- 1. Wu KC, Song LY, Wang H, Yang SQ(2015). The Specification of Universal Design in Squares and Open Spaces, Architecture and Building Research Institute, Ministry of the Interior, ROC (Taiwan) (ISBN- 978-986-04-7428-2）.
- 2. Wu KC, Song LY, Wang H, Zheng YYF(2014) Handbook for Design Specifications of Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, Architecture and Building Research Institute, Ministry of the Interior, ROC (Taiwan) (ISBN- 978-986-04-2905-3）
- 3. Wang SZ, Wu KC, Chiu TZ, Tang YM, Wu TY(2012) WHO Age-friendly cities index accessibility research, Architecture and Building Research Institute, Ministry of the Interior, ROC (Taiwan) (ISBN- 978-986-03-4395-3）
- 4. Wu KC, Song LY, Wang RL, Xiao YX(2011) Handbook for Planning of the Universal Design Park, Architecture and Building Research Institute, Ministry of the Interior, ROC (Taiwan) (ISBN-978-986-03-0174-8）
- 5. Luo L, Wu KC, Chen CC, Li JS, Su JC(2009) Planning of the Universal Design Park, Architecture and Building Research Institute, Ministry of the Interior, ROC (Taiwan) (ISBN-978-986-02-1562-5）
- 1. Wu KC / Liu JY -Utility model patent -Toilet paper holder- The Republic of China M390121
- 2. Wu KC / Tsau SY / Cai ZH / Lin JR / Cai XY / Yang HC / Hong WL- Invention patent-Object and method of its interactive program method of multi-computer communication- The Republic of China I509464
- 3. Wu KC / Tsau SY- Invention patent-Safe navigation systems and route planning method-The Republic of China I489086
- 4. Wu KC / Liao KY- Invention patent-Eco-curtain wall device- The Republic of China I517786
- Research projects in Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Education
- 1. Using wearable watch and visualization navigation in children library- an integration of virtual reality and physical environment.
- 2. Adolescent information seeking behavior of science research and the information visualization interface of notepad
- 3. Subject information recommendation and folksonomy recruit in the information visualization interface for library Electric books
- 4. The information searching interface of children digital library with icons in virtual reality
- 5. The touching explorations of the Radio Frequency Identification System and the searching engine of the library database system
- 6.Teaching portfolio and information-seeking mechanism for creativity E-learning "Architectural design"
- 7. The Extraction of Typical Messages for Programming Communication Data-base of the University Library Building