Interaction design = Design + Technology
Vitalizing your design by using software programs for the contents of media designs/visual communication designs to interact with people is the Interaction design.
Interaction design Department features = Key capabilities = Competitiveness
The department helps students cultivate the critical skills demanded by the industries, so that they will become competent in the workplace after graduation from the school.
- To cultivate fundamental capabilities of “design + programming” qualified for industrial standards.
- To implement interactive technologies (e.g. AR/VR) and novel knowledge.
- To cultivate capabilities of digital contents planning and design, storytelling, and exhibitions.
- To use interactive technologies to create professional knowledge of human-machine interaction experiences.
- To integrate digital content research and development and to apply professional knowledge of interactive devices.
- To cultivate professional ethics and attitude in teamwork and responsibilities.
Objectives of Media Design Group
Focus on interactive media application and interactive game design, to create scenarios and domains for interactive experiences. Cultivates talents most needed in the job market.________________
- Interaction designers
- User Interface designers
- User Experience designers
- Interactive program designers
- 3D game designers
- VR integration designers
- Interactive exhibit designers
Objectives of Visual Communication Design Group
Focus on digital contents, combining interactive facilities and contents to cultivate talents most needed in the job market.________________
- Interactive visual communication designers
- Graphic User Interface designers
- Interactive web designers
- Mobile device interactive E-book designers
- Digital teaching material designers
- To cultivate professionals of interaction design and media application, equipped with skills to integrate innovation and technique, in line with the government requirements for talents of digital design in technological industries.
- To promote an industry-academia-research cooperative model, oriented with design and creativity curriculum, to help graduate students understand the context of industrial research & development and the real world practices.
- The graduate institute is in the vicinity of Guanghua Shopping Center and Syntrend Creative Park, where all kinds of materials and components are available for interactive experiments and research tests, along with a variety of venues for exhibitions. It is also close to the Neihu Science Park and Nankang Software Park, where the technological companies can be included in the network of the industry-academia-research collaboration. The school also neighbors the Huashan 1914 Cultural Creative Park, which offers a perfect stage for media design and art work exhibition, giving the school an excellent boost of media exposure.
- The graduate institute also helps domestic businesses and organizations create added values and develop applications for their specially featured products and services, through the interaction design. Meanwhile, these clients provide us with needed facilities and exhibition space via the industry-academia-research mechanism.
- To cultivate student’s cross-domain learning, making “those with design background understand programming, and those with programming background understand design.”
- To develop students into talents of creating, integrating and using interactive technologies such as AR/VR.
- To develop interaction design talents of cultural innovation, digital contents and smart living.
- To develop talents of innovative applications on Internet media and cloud services.
- To establish a closely connected industry-academia-research cooperative model with practical training mechanisms set forth by industries.
- It is based on interaction design, supplemented with interactive arts and interactive entertainment.。
- The interaction design takes user experience as the foundation to apply interactive technologies such as AR/VR to products (including computers, communication, consumer electronics, automobiles), space (including indoor/outdoor, open and proprietary spaces), and services (including could computing, handheld mobile devices, interactive webpage).
- The interactive art applies technologies to art works and create values for digital arts. The interactive entertainment is about development of digital entertainment contents.